Sunflower


Do not tell me that distance affects a relationship, that the kilometers or miles in between create and unfillable void. Look at the Sun, how far it is, yet of all the life on the planet it is the source. The light that travels from it takes 8 seconds to reach this third floating blob called Earth. The sunlight is warm enough to help us survive and not hot enough to obliterate us in its temperatures. We all need Sun but there is someone who follows it madly just like a wolf that howls for its union with the moon, this living thing craves to meet the Sun.

I am a sunflower even though I am bound to the earth by my roots that provide me my nutrients I always look up to you. I rotate as the Earth moves in its orbit around the Sun, it may seem that this pretty little flower is ogling but then in love who has not done this. Oh my Sun you are so far away yet we are always in touch through our messengers. The light that you send guarantees that I receive a warm wrapped hug from you, the bees you send promises the sweet little kisses from a big ball of fire. Sometimes I feel that I should break off of my shackles and rise above to be with you even though it would surely result in my death but what sweet release it will be. I do not count on my petals as the humans do, I always chant that the ‘Sun loves me and he loves me much’. I have no doubt in the love that you shower for not my last name but my first name is called as you. When I am all grown and humans make the oil out of me, then I shall help burn a wick in a lamp, getting as close to you as I possibly can. In life you made me glow and in my death, I shall make you shine.

Comments