Moony Love


In the cyclic routine that cages me, constricting me from acting out something different every day, I just pedal my way through life. Always moving forward yet in an inconsequential loop of doing the same thing. Yes, there are full happy phases and reticent dark moods of mine, but yet one after the another I do the same thing over and over again. I long for companionship, so I pull a thing which so far away, just so that I can hear her talk from a closer distance. Humans perceive that the non-breathing cannot comprehend love and hence do not need it, they use metaphors and similes to explain longing and distance through me-just another non- breather. So, today I shall write my story, as to how do I feel about the inexplicable love.

Non-living are capable of love,
That’s why the moon in the sky above
Pulls closer the waters of the earth,
Trying to quench his thirst

I am the Moon and here I am to recite another story of mine. As you all know the space that surrounds me is silent and sometimes it becomes so deafening that it chokes me even though I do not breathe. Some say I am lonely and in the wolf’s howl I find solace, but I am all sand and I am thirsty. In my full phase, I use my gravitational force just to pull so that I can get the water flowing on the surface of the earth closer to me, just so that I can wet my throat. I know I have no atmosphere, so fire cannot be initiated in me. But what about the flame of love that rages and rages on in me, who shall extinguish those embers? Humans have built rockets and satellites through which they come and pay me a visit in their shiny suits and reflective helmets. They take my samples back to earth, they analyze it and sometimes even wash it with water, but I am still not satisfied. Let me explain further, imagine a wild fire spreading in a forest, would you extinguish a part of it or calm the entire rising flames? Entire, right. So, my longing can only be satiated when I meet the water again but this time in my entirety. Getting my reflection in the water just so that a wolf can drink is simply not enough. I need more.

Through gravity he expresses
What is felt but never said
Matter not the distance
When one pulls with persistence

From me, you humans might learn the lesson of love but understand the concept of waiting too from me fully. I hear no howls, I listen to no waves crashing on the shores. All I have is hope, hope to meet them both one day, bathing in the waters of the seas and oceans while listening to endless howls of the wolves. But I am here stuck in loop, phases to phases I have a dark side but for love I long too. Just like pieces of a puzzle, I long to fit well, so I have these spots on my face, just so that I can connect and bond with whoever fills these gaps, be it water or sound, to connect I long. But back to reality I need to rotate and revolve.

Comments