Stars

Atop a hill I sit. This hill is covered with a skin of grass, light yellow somewhere and luscious green somewhere. Calm wind is blowing and in this silent night this breeze is my one true companion, telling its tales in my ears and taking my worries away. I can hear the ruffling noises from the nearby trees. The wind is speaking its stories through the bending of the tree’s branches. Wind both listener and speaker. How much dark this night is, let me elaborate. Moonless darkness, it is like I am blind. I see nothing and thus it does not matter if my eyes are opened or closed. I cannot see the trees, the mountains or the roads that lay in front of me. All I can do is to listen.

But in the search of a guiding light I look around from the top of this hill. I look above as if wanting for a divine intervention to show me my way in this black night of time. I see the stars now, glistening like shards of glass, shaped like perfectly cut diamonds, appearing like the pearls from the best oysters. Just like tear drops that hung at the end of the eyes, these stars appeared to be attached to the sky. How much far away in light years these stars were yet they seemed so very bright to me.

“We become stars after we die”, I guess this statement is appropriate. Since, as humans we have infinite energy caged within our bodies, our souls are caged. The energy unleashes itself when we die. The soul takes its shelter far away from Earth, far away from the misery that kept it caged. Our souls choose to become stars. Which soul’s manifestation is the Sun then? It is a bright ball of fire, source of life on Earth. One star many recipients.  Now, I start to make patterns, joining the stars in the sky to make a particular constellation- Ursa Major or Orion, they made some pattern but of its name I was unaware. Could our souls be connected through a pathway just like this? Are our destinies linked to each other just like the constellations in the night sky?


Maybe a soul is not meant to be caged for a star dies too. This star now turns into black oblivion, an endless pit, pulling everything towards itself, ripping every substance it touches. Oh star how bright once you were, how much darkness now you encapsulate. But I guess the more you shine, the more dark days you have seen and vice versa. So, even though some stars are dead and some are shining, soul continues to live. And just as I was about to slip into slumber over these thoughts, I see a ray over the horizon. My star the Sun has come to take the darkness away and bring back the light in my life.  

Comments