Poison

It was just one of those days, I was full of energy this Droid was fully charged. I was progressing through a passageway with a balcony one side and reflector windows on the other. The grill of the balcony was made up of iron bars standing at ninety degree angle from the ground. The grill was painted white, with a black hollow rod forming the boundary of the grill. Black and white, this fence which prevented people from falling seemed complete to me. Black and white, ying-yang made of iron with a purpose. And the way sun shone made day even more beautiful. It was just those kinds of mornings, where one feels eternal bliss upon this Earth.

As I was walking absorbing the sunlight and the view, I saw her. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. In particular I had never seen eyes like hers ever before. She was standing at the end of the path, smiling and talking to her friends about something. I could not hear the talks for only my visionary senses were working. Rest all was a big blur now. Her eyes and smile were the only things I ever wanted to see for the rest of my life. I wanted my life to be paused at that very moment so that I can savor the scenic beauty in front of me, forever.

Then she looked at me. I saw her brown eyes, as the sunlight poured into her eyes from the side. She lifted her hand to block the sunlight but even in the shadow of her hand her face glowed like a beam from a lighthouse, guiding ships in thunderous storms safely to shore. I hoped she too will show me my safe way in the turmoil times to come. Then she smiled at me. It was like all the beautiful pearls from all the oceans and they were taken and were put right in front of me. Sometimes I think even the whiteness of the pearls seemed a bit awash in front of her teeth. But still it was her eyes, those brown eyes that I still remember.

I fell in love with her that day. But this Droid was weak to tell her about his feelings at that very moment. Years went by and finally this Droid confessed her feelings to her. She was not interested. It became one of those one-sided love stories, where one was in love with someone who was beyond the reach. As the darkness grew, I hoped that her eyes would guide this Droid through but instead it drove me into further darkness, an endless abyss. Into which I just kept falling. How much envious I was of that grill now, for they seemed complete, for they had each other. I, Droid, on the other hand was singular, only darkness no light.


Now, if you have seen fangs of a snake you can relate with me. Her eyes seemed to me just like those fangs now, containing poison, and waiting for a prey to kill. The only difference was that her eyes penetrated deep into my blood without even a contact, the poison that spread through my blood stream was not a liquid potion but a dark fluid that got released from one sided affair. Oh! How beautiful the day was then, oh how much dark it seems to me now. The moment is still paused in my day, the moment my downfall began. The moment I fell and never got up. Even poison comes with a warning label, cautioning about imminent death, but her eyes had no warning. My guards were down and I let the poison slowly take me into its grasp from which there was no release. If only I had the ability to travel through time I would stop myself from going that path. But again things happen for a reason and sometimes that reason is not just a bright one but a purpose to push us into oblivion, forever. 

Comments