Death and Birth

I was removed, taken away from amongst my fellow beings. I was glowing red; my petals were blooming and they were silky in touch. Then, I felt a deep cut at my stem. Even though I was a rose with thrones, my natural protection could not safe guard me against the metal teeth of whatever tool that was used to slice me up. I was being kept in a basket where the remains of my other fellow beings lay. Oh, how much I wish I could move right now, all I wished was to escape to a place far-far away from this basket of death.

Mostly I laid still but occasionally I was moved by the jolts caused by sudden bumps in the road or some sharp turns. Yes, I was being trafficked. There is a ban on human trafficking but nobody cares about the trafficking of a bunch of a dead roses, why? We were alive once, we still are to some extent. The weather inside this transportation vessel is cold, the best way to preserve the dead, I think. Unaware of the journey or the destination I just moved at the whims and fancies of the so called superior beings-the humans.

The roses were now handed to a local florist. This rose was amongst them too. Terrified I was as to what will happen next, but then I calmed myself by saying that what can be worse than the slow death that I am already going through? I was placed in a water container; I tried to resuscitate myself by natural instinct. In a circle we were kept with my stem immersed in water, looking around I saw my reflection yet they were different flowers, some were of course roses. So, this was my new home.
I was resting in that little pool of water where it appeared as if all the flowers had gathered to discuss some secret plot to get back at humans for doing this us. But sadly no-one spoke as we could not, so, we just thought, thought about our miseries. Then, suddenly with a brush of hand I saw a human grab four of the roses, I was one of them. I along with my fellow red roses was now cut at the stem further, to equalize our heights. I thought at that moment, Oh human, you have once again shortened the stature of the oppressed. My thrones were now removed and I was wrapped in shiny yet transparent plastic covering. Oh human first you take my life then you give me clothing, I guess my funeral now is complete. Few drops of water were sprayed now on the red roses from the atomizer, was I supposed to look alive? And now I and my fellow roses were handed to the next human. The water drops dripped down our petals, like tears, but sadly flowers have no right to cry.

The human to whom now the bunch of roses belonged was a man in his youth. I saw his face he was excited yet worried. The reason of this contrary behavior was soon known to us. He saw a woman, presumably of the same age and the man said something to her. She became shy and nodded, just as we flowers nod in appreciation of the wind that blows. Both of them were smiling and I swear their cheeks were as red as once I was. Oh how beautiful it all looked now, if I had not been cut previously I would never have been able to see this magical scene. The flame of love was ignited in the hearts of two young souls; my death had brought life to their hearts and had united their two beating hearts into one. I guess my funeral would be a smiling one. I was content now for even though in death I could be of some use in spreading love.

Red roses gifted,
Proposal accepted,
Death of flowers,
Birth of lovers.



Comments