Unheard Howl

Its night time again, a cloudless sky. Like a pearl, Moon shines full of spots and radiant. Stars are twinkling, remnants of the dead somehow still alive. On Earth a vast population of trees stands, a forest, green leaves glistening and bathing in the milky light of the moon. A river flows amongst these trees, clear water, with its bed not so deep. River crashes and touches different stones making noises, singing a song of its own.

Light caresses on the Earth,

On trees, river and the dirt,

Darkness withers away,

The Source, Moon is far away.

Oh what a beautiful night, beautiful because I get to see you, see you so bright today, my moon. As I walk, my path is clear, all the darkness has gone away, and I won’t have to tread lightly. I can walk, run or jump for my road is illuminated by you. I think I am in love with you. I let out a voice, a howl. Did you hear it? Did you get it? I guess you are deaf. But I don’t get you Moon, on one hand you are selfless, giving light, on the other you are selfish. But I guess if I had been aware of how science works I would have known there is no air in space to carry my voice to you.  Now, as I stand on this strong, round and big stone I let out another cry, another try, but it also goes to vain. One sided love it is then.

The moon is deaf,

It shines and leaves,

Yet the wolf tries,

Howls through endless nights.

People call me stupid and say,” Wolf you are stupid, stop howling, stop this moony affair”. To them I say, “Humans you are stupid too”. You love your gods, you pray to them, sing to them, chant to them but have you ever touched them. You humans place a deity in your temple and you celebrate in its worship, you seek redemption of your own. Well, humans this moon is my god. I would worship it no matter how, no matter what. I would love her, just as much as Meera was in love with Lord Krishna. Now, I come close to the river not to drink the cool water but rather to quench my heart’s thirst to meet you. In a small puddle of water near the river I see you, my moon, I can finally touch you. Let me drink your reflection for only then you are mine. And moon remember that, it’s not only your bright side that I adore it’s your dark side too. But I guess you are busy ranting about how the sun flower loves the Sun and not you.

In the puddle of river,

I see you now,

The reflection,


Let me drink you now.

Comments