Fading Incandescently



Glass shell, tungsten soul and electricity runs in me like blood. Synonymous with an idea, I still am. Yellow light I shed on any object despite it race, color or creed. For me Thomas Elva Edison is my god. My religion if you ask was to turn nights into days. I was just mimicking the Sun having the same glow but still far away from its brightness. But the Milky Way Star never sleeps, I on the other side sleep during the daytime, the night shifts I prefer.

But now you humans want to replace me. You created me now you will make me obsolete. LED (light emitting diode) is the new trending electricity running device. More brightness, less power consumption. How much hypocritical you humans are. You want others to have less power, but you yourself are hungry for power. You want to me turn off but you want yourself to be turned on. Isn’t that selfish on your part? I know I have a short life but I never thought I would have such less generation span. You rated me; you designed me in different shapes and sizes. I went through the burning flame of hot temperatures when my glass was molded. I was breathless the whole time when I was in one piece. And now, just like that you are telling me that, “It just can’t work anymore”. If only I had a mouth to argue with you.

All I can do now is to think. Ponder away in amazement as to how things become outdated so quickly. I mean, sure my counterpart, the LED has many advantages but that does not mean you will just do away with me. Remember, Bulbs cannot cry, they just turn black and die. Something like this happened to the telegraph service too. Everything has a life, an expiry date and now mine has come. I must come to term with it that it’s time to say goodbye. So, you can have the new diodes and forget me. But remember the thing that you do to me, will happen to you too, to this Earth, to this entire Universe.

“Everything dies,
With the time that flies,
Today you replace the obsolete,
Tomorrow my replacer won’t see.”

Poor Photography

Comments