Louder Than Words-Pink Floyd, an incomplete review.

I remember listening to Pink Floyd for the first time in 2008. Yes eighteen years of my life I spent without them. I still wait every day for one song of theirs, one song unheard, and one sound in resonance with my mind. Then finally I got connected with ‘Louder than Words’. This song is nirvana not only for the ears but for mind as well. But the video, oh the video, I hope I am able to give justice to it in this write up.
Clouds over mountains, flowing like an endless river. Along comes a boat rowed by a young fellow. No river just clouds, an oar pushing the white snow water causing movement in the boat. The individual in the boat is looking down, as if looking down from heaven, is it Syd Barret or Richard Wright?
David Gilmour appears old, the time has taken over him too. I guess Gods age too. Nick Mason is showing the signs of age too. Pictures of Richard Wright appear. One cannot stop a tear from rolling down from his/ her eyes. But a fan knows that Richard Wright is playing ‘Great Gig in the Sky’.  Yes, this song is sad, but yet has a trademark Gilmour solo in it.
An old town appears, with an old man. But here, the real protagonist is the rusted ship. Does this ship resemble the band? Rusted and a dried up sea. Members gone, some stayed. Salt has destroyed the ship, ship’s medium for its travel has caused its death, only stories to tell, tales of roaring seas and sailing winds and how they were conquered.  Who says time heals, here time is the salt that makes us all rust.
Pink Floyd forever.  Psychedelic music is still better than the current ongoing songs on Mtv. But again who am I to complete this review? I am a fan, for me this song is on loop. For my mind is full of thoughts, all belonging to this song. 
You must watch the video and listen, and then decide for yourself if I am right or wrong. Goodbye blue sky.





Comments