The Nocturnal Hyperactivity (Unfiltered)



In the late hours of the night there is a certain kind silence that I find, silence that is missing from bustle of the day. This atmosphere is like the term ‘pin-drop silence’ a term that I had heard a lot, and we as children were forced to maintain that state or else the wrath of the teacher be upon us.  But in summertime there can never be a ‘pin-drop silence’ state. The rumbling of the air conditioner and the chakra of three spokes running furiously above me, spitting air at my head. I wish to switch both of them off and observe some silence but in Delhi AC is not an item of luxury but rather of necessity. 

And I must mention the honorable voices of the night-street dogs. Constant howling and barking. Territorial conflicts, no proper shelter and injuries from yesterday are some of the reasons I identified for their disturbing behavior. Or maybe they are just being what we humans are during the day, for at night fewer humans are out on the street.

And then there are also the well-orchestrated performances by the mosquitoes. What a show they all put up. A combination of bites or rather their precise injections and humming assure me that I am always a target.  This is the worst kind of musical show that I have to go through, because they seem to get over all the obstacles of anti-repellants and what not. 

But despite all these negative features that the late night offers, I enjoy this time of the day. For my mind is full of creative thoughts at this time. And if it would have been not for ‘the language constriction’ you would have seen what goes on in my mind. There is a type of hyperactivity that goes on inside, like a beam of lightening that you can hear during the day but can see clearly only during the night. And I must say that I am not a writer. Why I am not a writer you may ask to which I will answer because I have read very less, I know very less words, my grammar is poor and I don’t have the requisite patience. There’s some hyperactivity.

Sometimes when I am trying to think of something better, a car comes with woofers almost in resonance with the frequency at the levels of shattering the window panes.” Yo Yo Honey Singh, Faaduu Production”. Honey Singh-Self-Proclaimed definer of what is called Hip-Hop and with an alcoholic capacity of drinking four bottles of vodka every day. The car goes away but it will come back because for its riders, it is party time. Three complete rounds of sonic bullshit.

No moon, No stars today. Although stars I can never see stars in this city, so crowded with buildings and glare of the street lights. Maybe I should sleep, too much hyperactivity can cause Brain Damage (The lunatic is in my head….). Let me listen to Floyd before I sleep.

Comments