The Meeting Necessity

People say that the road is best enjoyed when the journey is undertaken in a car, whether you are the driver or not, certain enjoyment is guaranteed. Everything things looks stunning as is always the case with nature, as seen from the windshield of the car

Trees on both side of the road I see, separated by this river of asphalt, my pathway, this highway. I saw the tress every time I drove on a highway. But today as I saw those trees growing apart even though there is not a great measurable distance between them. I saw something, something that prompted me to ask a question to myself, why are these trees leaning towards each other? And even though the scientific mind answers that maybe it is because of Bernoulli's theorem, pressure-velocity relationship, a vehicle's speed on this highway prompts the trees to lean towards each other. But I wanted to look at it from a different angle, a fresh perspective.

Maybe, the trees that are growing apart are in a dire need of meeting each other. Just like us humans, we also want to meet new people, people who live across our borders, across our continents.The trees they stretch out their branches as if symbolizing the hands in the need of holding each other for the first time.
Maybe the tree has found its soul mate across this black river, the river which has been painted with little rectangular white stripes as boats in the river. But neither of these two trees can travel in any of those boats, their only hope of meeting is the wind, the wind their messenger, will also help them get united.

But with all this philosophical thinking, I have left those trees behind, and all I can hope is that they do meet. And as I move on this highway forward, pondering the necessity of meeting someone, my mind is full of thoughts, and I think those trees were more than just trees.

Comments