The Political Broom


“Main Hoon Aam Admi, mujhe swaraj chahiye” – this line was written on every aam admi party member’s cap. They truly appealed to the masses of Delhi, that they are not politicians but citizens like you and I, citizens who have always been deprived of even basic necessities like drinking water, electricity and an adequate means of livelihood.

But before I go further I would just like to confirm that I am not associated with any political party and these are just my small views and this is not a paid blog. Even I was impressed by the AAP. But just yesterday, I saw the new poster of AAP in the Delhi metro rail, it looked like a normal poster, a poster thanking voters for bringing them to power and showing them their love, but, when I saw Mr Kejriwal Ji’s image something was different. The aam aadmi shirt was gone, the aam aadmi anger was gone and the expression on his face was more joyous. The aam admi cap was nowhere to be seen, but the thing that disturbed me the most was that in this paid advertisement of thanks, Mr Kejriwal wore a jacket. The jacket, that all politicians wore, the jacket that symbolizes I am a politician. And despite Mr Kejriwal’s remarks that he is just a common man and nothing more, this unconscious expression of jacket gave me a thought, that he too had become a politician, and mind you the definition of a politician is different in India than in other parts of the world. And I remembered a dialogue from the movie “nayak”.

But maybe it’s just a way of dressing, and who am I to comment on it for I know nothing of fashion but still even I know that our PM’s pinstripe suit was too much narcissistic. But what do I know for my mind is full of thoughts and I too voted for change, this same change.
                    Before                                                                          Now                                                   

Comments