The Black Color Obsession



Color black, it absorbs every colored wavelength that one can throw at it and even though black has its shades, for me it is harder to tell and differentiate the purest black and the ideal black from the rest. Color black in simple terms is the opposite of white, but then what is white, what is anything, the definition of everything I think is relative, and even be it the term absolute.

Black is not only a color now for me, it is much more than that. Black for me it symbolizes to be closed but not to be shut off. Color Black it listens, you can throw any music at it, the entire band t-shirts look the best when in black, so, is it just used to amplify the persona of the rhythmic form of sound that one prefers? Or maybe it is that the color black has much more to it. Darkness, blindness, hate, abyss and evil are the words which when one hears the image of color black appears, is it even an image? Maybe it is just the absence of something. If color black was indeed so on the dark side then there should be no night just day. Why does the color black have such a negative image? Many hours I have squandered over this question but still nothing, just a black color image again.

In this world as we live communication is the essence of by whom and how, we get things done. But we are in such a hurry to speak we forget it is a two way street. We forget the listening. So, what if we be like the color black and listen more and speak less, the politicians or the so called leaders of today need this more than any other. May be I am obsessed with this color, maybe I am saying too much, for I have my headphones on with Ozzy singing Walk on Water and Black Sabbath t-shirt, for my mind is full of thoughts, maybe it’s just a color but still think over it?

Comments