Chains of Locks

Listen to the sound of freedom,
But don't trust the waves it might just be nature's own,
Driven from inner conscience, hear as to what is to be done,
Winds blow calmly, but inside a hurricane of pain is flown,

True freedom and its essence, I haven't yet found,
Many hours I have squandered in its search,
I look at a street dog, I see him unbound,
As for me shackles of chain, tighter they clutch,

I know I want to get somewhere, but the question is how?
Maybe I need to fight my boundaries,
I will rise one day above my constraints that put me down now,
The true freedom I will find, if someone hears,

But again my mind is full of thoughts,
I think I like the process of searching for freedom,
A ray of hope still afloats,
But the silver lining behind the clouds is sometimes not the sun.



Comments