Not a Chameleon

Like a withered leaf,
No skin and all bones,
I’ve fallen from the tree up above,
I want to go and flow,
With the wind that blows,
But I’m scared of the sun,
Afraid that I may dry up,
Before my journey’s end,
From chlorophyllic green,
To decade brown,
I’ve shown many shades but I’m not a chameleon,
I may end up underneath somebody’s feet,
A crunchy noise, my voice makes,
And I’ll be in pieces.
---------
Like a ripped fruit all healthy and full grown,
I too have fallen from the tree up above,
I want to end up with my friends,
And not be a basket case,
But I’m scared,
Afraid of this rotting,
That I may too fade away,
From shiny red to decayed brown,
I’ve shown many shades but I’m not a chameleon,
I may end up as somebody’s food,
Sweet fruity taste I might give,
And I’ll be in pieces.

Comments

  1. Awsome !! u preferred to crush into pieces instead to be an abortive..!! but it also shows ur uncombative lifestyle with no complaints with the wind,which is the reason behind ur fall as a leaf.. !! but Sohail its the fate i think..which decides that who will become chameleon or who will be crushed into pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment