Joy from across the river


Two beings danced across the river,
Forming yin-yang like birds of two different feathers,
The way they moved, the way their bodies swayed,
Imperfect movements they conveyed,
And yet they had a sense of elation on their faces,
Not caring about the world, walking without traces,
One of them went neck deep in the water,
The other one felt lonely, his heart sought her,
The Sun shone on them the brightest,
Like a spotlight from the heaven the farthest,
Now both of them under water with only their heads floating,
The whole river had surrendered itself to them, embodying,
From this far distance I couldn’t see much now,
I wondered who were they and they reached here how,
But still their actions were reflected in the river’s waves,
A shiny road of crests and troughs it paves,
Little ripples reached me across the other shore,
I wish to sit here, just to observe some more,
But, here comes a motorboat, the silence it tore,
The humans left the river bank, now an empty floor,
No proper closure to an interrupted play,
I wanted to witness the story, for which I came here to stay,
May be they were friends, may be they were a couple,
The story is open ended and supple,
And though I was the only audience,
My mind is also happy and is full of thoughts.

Joy from across the river

Comments